5 Most Popular Posts: February 2015
- March 10, 2015
We here at the Independent love every piece we run. There are no winners or losers. Having said that, here are February’s winners.
- “13 Upcoming Biographies to Watch For.” James McGrath Morris’ rundown drew more readers than any other piece last month. Huzzah for nonfiction!
- The Washington Writers Conference. We get the sense lots of scribes out there are excited for this annual event. (If you haven’t registered yet, click here. Early-bird rates end March 15th!)
- A review of The Tumbleweed Society. Dave Sterrett’s critique of author Allison J. Pugh’s eye-opening work on income equality generated hundreds of clicks. (Spoiler alert: Workers aren’t treated very well these days.)
- Recalling Denise Levertov: A Poet’s Life. Grace Cavalieri’s look at Dana Greene’s 2012 biography of the controversial poet brought in verse-lovers from far and wide.
- A review of Tesla: A Portrait with Masks. Reviewer Jessie Siegel gave a thoughtful account of Vladimir Pištalo’s masterful fictionalization of the famed scientist’s life.