5 Most Popular Posts: June 2015
- July 3, 2015
We here at the Independent love every piece we run. There are no winners or losers. Having said that, here are June’s winners.
- “Withdrawn.” In the latest installment of her blog, Long Story Short, Tara Laskowski told you exactly why she won’t be submitting to your literary journal. (You do have a literary journal, right?)
- “6 New Historical Novels We Can’t Wait to Get Our Geeky Hands On.” Judging by the number of folks checking out Carrie Callaghan’s excellent list, we’re not the only old-timey-book-lovin’ nerds out there.
- A review of Lincoln and the Jews: A History by Jonathan D. Sarna and Benjamin Shapell. Eugene L. Meyer wrote a thoughtful critique of this fact- and photo-filled book chronicling yet more examples of Abe’s forward-thinking awesomeness.
- A review of Orhan’s Inheritance by Aline Ohanesian. Russell J. MacMullan’s look at this sobering novelization about fallout from the Armenian genocide kept readers riveted all month long.
- An interview with Dale Bailey. Craig Laurance Gidney chatted up the author about literary horror, apocalyptic fiction, and the genius of “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.” You can’t accuse us of being genre snobs!