5 Most Popular Posts: September 2015
- October 5, 2015
We here at the Independent love every piece we run. There are no winners or losers. Having said that, here are September’s winners.
- “7 of the Most Annoying Literary Characters.” Can’t we all just get along? When it comes to our mutual hatred of irritating protagonists, yes. Yes, we can.
- “5 Ways Not to Suck at Readings.” Columnist E.A. Aymar’s advice to authors on how not to blow during public appearances resonated in a big way. Are you people really doing that many book signings?
- A review of Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff. Martha Anne Toll’s perceptive look at this hot-off-the-presses bestseller drew lots of eyes — and likely helped spark a new wave of Groff fans.
- “8 Types You’ll Always Find at Book Festivals.” Are you that guy? The one dying to tell the author your life story? Or are you the other one? The kind-of-creepy-but-probably-harmless fangirl? Either way, columnist Tara Laskowski has you figured out.
- A review of Purity by Jonathan Franzen. Novelist Hannah Pittard thoroughly enjoyed this much-anticipated fall title, and judging by the numbers, readers thoroughly enjoyed her intelligent critique of it.