9 Bookish Gifts for the Lit-Lovers on Your List
- Shanna Wilson
- November 28, 2014
Instead of adding to their shelves, consider a different approach to satisfying you book-loving friends’ literary needs this season with gifts that celebrate their passion for words. Or just keep all these goodies for yourself. Either way, you won’t go wrong!
- Your bookish loved ones will need a bag for their traveling library. How about a Moby-Dick-themed version from Gibbs Smith totes? Made of gusset natural cotton, they're the perfect choice.
- On the off chance that they ever get sick of reading, give your friends and family the opportunity to try their hand at poker or Egyptian Ratscrew with these Jefferson Library playing cards from the Library of Congress.
- Venerable lions Patience and Fortitude guard the gates of the New York Public Library, and now their majesty is immortalized on NYPL mugs. The perfect accessory for long weekends of winter reading!
- Outfit the littlest bookworms in a children’s classic, courtesy of the Library Foundation of Los Angeles’ Goodnight Moon onesies.
- Find a frame and a prime spot on the wall for the new U.S. Literary Map, packed with the birthplaces of famous writers from John Steinbeck to John Cheever and everyone in between.
- Get geek-chic with this screen-printed library tee, and wear your literary love on your sleeve.
- As if they don’t have enough to-read stacks growing up the walls in their houses, there’s always room for more. What better way to flag upcoming titles than with a 2015 subscription to Bookmarks Magazine?
- Help your giftees stave off thirst on their way to the bookshop with this American Library Association “Read, Renew, Return” water bottle. Some reading may cause dehydration.
- Not sure which title to choose for your word-nerd pals? Make life easy with a gift card from an indie bookstore like Politics and Prose, Curious Iguana, Upshur Street Books, or One More Page Books. It's foolproof!