The Contemporary Fiction Reading Series
- August 28, 2015
Mark your calendar for this only-in-the-District happening!
Attention, DC-area bookworms! Politics and Prose is teaming up with the PEN/Faulkner Foundation to present a free Contemporary Fiction Reading Series this fall. Held at three Busboys and Poets locations in the District, the series kicks off Sept. 2nd and will initially feature the following heavy-hitters:
- Sept. 2: John Darnielle, author of Wolf in White Van (6:30 p.m. @ Brookland)
- Sept. 21: Lauren Groff, author of Fates and Furies (6:30 p.m. @ 14th & V)
- Sept. 28: Ron Rash, author of Above the Waterfall (6:30 p.m. @ 14th & V)
- Oct. 21: Bill Clegg, author of Did You Ever Have a Family (6:30 p.m. @ Brookland)
- Oct. 27: Ron Childress, author of And West Is West (6:30 p.m. @ Takoma)
“Bringing writers and readers together is PEN/Faulkner’s guiding mission,” says Emma Snyder, executive director of the foundation. “Together with our incredible literary partners, we’re excited to create great literary conversations in even more parts of the city.”
For more information on the Contemporary Fiction Reading Series, visit Politics and Prose and/or PEN/Faulkner.