Mark your calendar for this only-in-the-District happening!
Attention, DC-area bookworms! Politics and Prose is teaming up with the PEN/Faulkner Foundation to present a free Contemporary Fiction Reading Series this fall. Held at three Busboys and Poets locations in the District, the series kicks off Sept. 2nd and will initially feature the following heavy-hitters:
- Sept. 2: John Darnielle, author of Wolf in White Van (6:30 p.m. @ Brookland)
- Sept. 21: Lauren Groff, author of Fates and Furies (6:30 p.m. @ 14th & V)
- Sept. 28: Ron Rash, author of Above the Waterfall (6:30 p.m. @ 14th & V)
- Oct. 21: Bill Clegg, author of Did You Ever Have a Family (6:30 p.m. @ Brookland)
- Oct. 27: Ron Childress, author of And West Is West (6:30 p.m. @ Takoma)
“Bringing writers and readers together is PEN/Faulkner’s guiding mission,” says Emma Snyder, executive director of the foundation. “Together with our incredible literary partners, we’re excited to create great literary conversations in even more parts of the city.”