5 Reasons to Attend the Gaithersburg Book Festival
- May 11, 2016
Mark your calendar for this one-of-a-kind event!
Love reading, writing, and all things lettered? Then don’t miss the 7th annual Gaithersburg Book Festival in Gaithersburg, MD, on Saturday, May 21, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.!
Held rain or shine in the heart of Olde Towne Gaithersburg, it’s a daylong celebration of the literary world. Here’s why you should be there:
- You’ll Meet Amazing Authors. From Anthony Marra and Nadia Hashimi to Jeffery Deaver and Annette Gordon-Reed, the genre-spanning lineup has something for everyone.
- The Price Is Right. The festival is FREE, and so is parking.
- You Can Chat with Fellow Bookworms. You’ll find no shortage of book-lovers swarming the grounds at GBF, so get ready to compare notes!
- It’s Kid-Friendly. No sitter? No problem! The GBF offers a roster of activities for the younger crowd in its Children’s Village, while the Teen Workshops will keep surly wannabe scribes happily occupied.
- There’s Plenty to Eat. Nobody wants to read on an empty stomach, and at GBF, you don’t have to. A herd of food trucks — geared both to vegetarians and meatitarians — will be on hand to keep you fed and happy.
Need one more reason? The Independent will be there! Stop by our table, say hi, and enter to win a free book. Play your cards right, and you might even score a free bookmark…
Click here for a full rundown of authors participating in this year’s Gaithersburg Book Festival.