Rejected Titles, Jan. 2014
- January 23, 2014
In honor of the literary game the late Christopher Hitchens used to play with his friend Salman Rushdie, “Titles That Didn’t Quite Make It,” here are some well-known book names that seem, um, less compelling with just one synonym swapped out.
- Mandibles – Kristi McLean
- War and Not War – Mike Morgan
- The Lord of the Bling – Craig Smith
- Hubris and Prejudice – Christy Smith
- Fifty Shades of Off-White – Caroline Bock
- The Catcher in the Spelt – Holly Smith
Have your own title that falls a wee bit flat? Share it in the comments section below, tweet it to @WIRoBooks, or post it on our Facebook page. It may appear in the next installment of “Rejected Titles”!