5 Most Popular September Posts
- October 3, 2014
We here at the Independent love every piece we run. There are no winners or losers. Having said that, here are September’s winners.
- “13 Must-Read Fall Biographies.” Wonks love books, especially political bios. That would explain the huge response to James McGrath Morris’ list.
- “5 Reasons to Attend Fall for the Book.” Art Taylor gave a rundown of why you should’ve gone to this excellent George Mason University lit fest. Missed it? Mark your calendar for 2015!
- “6 Things We Learned from Our Day at Politics and Prose.” Lesson #4: “Some folks need to be reassured that there’s honestly no catch — they really can just take a free bookmark and walk away.”
- Bedtime Stories. Your thirst to know what’s on Michelle Brafman, Tory Johnson, and Jason Tinney’s nightstands is unquenchable.
- A review of Steven Johnson’s How We Got to Now: Six Innovations that Made the Modern World. Michael Causey’s punchy, engaging appraisal of this recent release had a lot in common with the book itself.