5 Most Popular Posts: April 2015
- May 6, 2015
We here at the Independent love every piece we run. There are no winners or losers. Having said that, here are April’s winners.
- “7 Reasons You Should Marry a Fellow Writer.” Tara Laskowski’s inaugural blog drew record numbers. Who knew so many people want to know if they should wed an author?
- A review of The Dovekeepers: A Novel by Alice Hoffman. It’s not that we aren’t glad you enjoyed Rhoda Trooboff’s review so much. We are. It’s just that it first ran four years ago. Keep up, people. Keep up.
- A review of Raising Kids Who Read: What Parents and Teachers Can Do by Daniel T. Willingham. Natalie Wexler’s terrific review clearly resonated with anyone interested in hatching a new generation of bookworms.
- A review of Abandoned in Hell: The Fight for Vietnam’s Firebase Kate by William Albracht and Marvin J. Wolf. Thanks, in part, to Lawrence de Maria’s insightful review, this long-forgotten battle is finally getting its due.
- “Behind in the Count.” Alice Stephens’ acerbic takedown of the white-male-dominated publishing industry generated lots of interest — and righteous indignation.