Noir at the Bar
- October 4, 2017
Fish out your flask and fedora and head to Wonderland Ballroom in DC on Sat., Oct. 7th, at 7PM!
Join us from 7-8:30 pm as ten crime fiction writers scar you with selected readings from their work. Participating guys and dolls include:
- Winner of multiple awards for his short fiction and author of On the Road with Del and Louise, Art Taylor.
- Former president of the Maryland chapter of Mystery Writers of America and author of the Hannibal Jones mystery series, Austin Camacho.
- Author of the New Royal Mystery series and professor at George Mason University, Laura Ellen Scott.
- Thomas Pluck, author of Bad Boy Boogie and Blade of Dishonor, and once called "a lovely kitty man" by Joyce Carol Oates.
- Award-winning author Tara Laskowski, author of Modern Manners for Your Inner Demons and Bystanders, and managing editor of SmokeLong Quarterly.
- Neo-noir leader Nik Korpon, whose works include Stay God, Sweet Angel, and the forthcoming The Rebellion's Last Traitor.
- Author of Let Us Shed These Human Bodies and The Unfinished World, Amber Sparks.
- Southern noir writer Eryk Pruitt, filmmaker and author of the acclaimed dark novels Hashtag and Dirtbags.
- Josh Pachter, author of multiple translations and frequent contributor to Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine.
Hosted by E.A. Aymar (Washington Independent Review of Books columnist, author of You're As Good As Dead), the evening will also feature door prizes, an audience vote for best story, and a fair amount of noir-based offensiveness.
To learn more about the rise of the “Noir at the Bar” movement, and why DC is such a good fit for the series, check out this recent article in LitHub.
Admission is free, but arrive early — DC’s annual Noir at the Bar is usually standing-room only! For more information, check out the events page at Facebook, or contact Ed Aymar at email@example.com.