6 Things We Learned from Our Day at Politics and Prose
- September 6, 2014
Thanks to everyone who stopped by our table at Politics and Prose Friday to say hi, grab a voucher, or just chat about books! Here’s what we discovered while there.
- People in Washington, DC, are serious about books and will happily make time to discuss them.
- People in Washington, DC, are also serious about caffeine, at least judging by the amount of coffee coming out of the café.
- When there’s a passionate Shakespeare discussion happening one table over, you must speak very quietly.
- Some folks need to be reassured that there’s honestly no catch — they really can just take a free bookmark and walk away.
- Nobody wants to be the first person on the e-newsletter signup sheet.
- There’s a reason Politics and Prose — with its excellent staff, great selection of titles, and welcoming vibe — is one of the area’s finest indie bookstores. Being there was a pleasure. Thanks, P&P!